How can I afford doula support?
A common misconception about doulas is that they are only for high-income families.
As a doula, I provide prenatal support, prenatal meetings, birth preference investigation & creation, labor and birth support, two weeks of postpartum support, and more. I value the privilege of getting to be a part of a woman’s birth experience tremendously and feel every woman deserves support. This is why I have researched and decided on a pricing model that is not only fair to my clients, but also fair to my family and myself, so that I can provide the best care possible to each client. There are so many ways an expectant mom can achieve her dreams of having a doulas support through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
Helpful Ideas on how to Hire Doula Support
- Follow Juniper Birth on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to stay up to date with discounts and promotional offers. I’m all about a good deal; I know my clients are too.
- Add Doula Support to your baby registry. It’s amazing when family members show their support for new families by helping them gain the care they value most.
- Set up a payment plan. Don’t have the whole doula fee right now? That’s all right, let’s work out a payment plan!
- Barter goods and services. If you provide a service or goods, let’s talk the about the potential of trading.
- Use your tax refund. It’s the adult version of Christmas. Treat yo’ self & get yourself something awesome, like a doulas support.
- Use HSA or FSA.
- Use credit. If you are comfortable with using acredit card, this could be an option!
- Check to see if your insurance covers a doulas services. More & more insurance companies are covering doula services because they are seeing the undeniable proof that their support lowers Cesarean rates.
- Ask friends and family to help support the birth you want, by donating to your doula fund
- Simplify & sell things you don’t use anymore. There might be some thing that are not baby friendly even! Make space, provide a safe place for baby, and gain doula support all at once!
- Cut back on non-essential spending. Cutting back on those target dollar area binges could greatly benefit your doula fund!
If you are still feeling uncertain about your ability to hire a doula, contact me. Let’s talk & figure out options.